St Davids RFC | 1st Team 10 - 29 Pembroke Dock Harlequins RFC | 1st Team
Joshua Norman
1 Try
Thomas Lewys Doyle
3 Try
Lewis Davies
2 Conversion
Hywel Baker
1 Try

Match Report
02 October 2017 / Team News

St. Davids v Pembroke Dock Quins

The Quins pulled off their first bonus point win of the season against a plucky and determined Saints team.
The Quins got off to the perfect start with a try in the 1st minute. After receiving the Saints Kick Off the Quins ran the ball straight back at their opponents with Full-Back Charlie Dearden combining well with Centre Thomas Doyle and Left Wing Dan Goodridge before sending Centre Josh Norman over under the posts for Outside Half Lewis Davies to Convert.vThe Quins were soon at it again with a try from Hywel Baker, who was playing out of position in the 2nd row, crashing over for his 2nd try in as many games. Lewis Davies missed the conversion from wide out against the wind. With just 15 minutes gone things were looking rosey for the Quins but with the elements behind them the Saints started to get more into the game. With the Quins finding it difficult to get out of their own half. The ball rentention from the home side was quite remarkable as they forced the Quins into infringing and forcing penalties but the Quins defence with the awesome Hywel Baker leading from the front with some huge tackles ably supported by his fellow forwards put a stop to everything the Saints could throw at them. Just on half time the Saints did get the score they deserved when Tight Head Prop Ben Evans picked up a loose ball and galloped in from 20 yds to score in the corner for an unconverted try. With the score at 5-12 at half time it looked like the match could be up for grabs.
The Quins with the elements behind them got the 2nd half off to a cracking start, just as they did in the first half with a try after 42 minutes. This time it was Captain Thomas Doyle who finished off another fine move for an unconverted try. The Saints though were soon back on the attack and were unlucky not to score when Scrum Half Fraser Watson put a foot in touch and the try was disallowed. The Quins were once again defending for long periods but still looked dangerous with the ball in hand and when No 8 Stefan Halward burst over the half way line and linked with Hywel Baker who set up the Quins bonus point try for Centre Thomas Doyle which went unconverted. The Quins now with bonus point in the bag looked to keep the Saints from getting back into the game with some superb defence but with just 10 minutes remaining replacement wing James Atherton outflanked the Quins defence to score in the corner for a unconverted try. With the score now 10-22 in the Quins favour the Saints threw every thing at the Quins as they searched a 3rd try. The game went into an abnormable amount of injury time but it was the Quins who had the last word when Thomas Doyle once again popped up to finish off a fine move to complete a hat-trick of tries.
TEAM. Charlie Dearden, Aaron Cookson, Josh Norman, Thomas Doyle (Capt), Dan Goodridge, Lewis Davies, Jake Griffiths, Stefan Halward, Danny Manning, Harry Owen, Hywel Baker, Darren Potter, Mark Van Rhyn, Jason Bellmaine, Jack Davies.
Replacements Nathan Abrahams, Dai Rees, Bradley James, Martin Culley. (all used)
Thomas Doyle 3 tries
Josh Norman try
Hywel Baker try
Lewis Davies 2 cons

There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos